With so much to do and see during the cold months in North Lake Tahoe, it can seem overwhelming to plan a trip. From choosing the best restaurants in the area to deciding where to stay, there are so many options available. That’s why we’ve created this fall and winter-applicable 3-day itinerary in Lake Tahoe! Check out the many things you can do during your next stay in a rental home from Tahoe Moon Properties!
Our 3-Day Itinerary in Lake Tahoe
- Start your day with a trip to Rosie’s Cafe, located in Tahoe City. This breakfast joint has been around for 27 years, serving hearty breakfasts to visitors and locals alike.
- After you’ve finished, it’s time to drive seven minutes to Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area. Here, you can enjoy the 65 kilometers of skate and classic tracks, which are groomed daily. There are even eight kilometers of dog-friendly trails here.
- After a morning filled with Alpine skiing, it’s time to enjoy Jake’s on the Lake. This is one of the best spots for waterfront dining in the area. You can treat yourself to an array of salads, sandwiches, or delicious pastas.
- Once you’ve enjoyed waterfront views, it’s time for an afternoon of shopping! Boatworks Shopping Mall is just across from Jake’s on the Lake and features some of the best shops in the region. It’s an easy way to get some excellent souvenirs to commemorate your vacation to Lake Tahoe!
- Start your day at Fire Sign Cafe! They make all of their food from scratch and have been doing so since 1978. Choose from breakfast or lunch, both of which are served all day long!
- After breakfast, enjoy a bit of history! There are some fascinating museums in Tahoe that are worth a visit. Consider stopping by the Gatekeeper’s Museum, which is run by the North Lake Tahoe Historical Society. The Tahoe Maritime Center is another excellent option, detailing the impact that boating has had on the area.
- There’s nothing better to warm you up than a curry from Thai Kitchen! They offer authentic dishes, like mango salad, larb, spring rolls. Whether you prefer a noodle dish, a soup, or a curry, there’s something for you to savor here.
- After lunch, you’re just a seven-minute drive from Granlibakken Tahoe. This family-friendly attraction is a prime spot for sledding, skiing, or snowshoeing. They offer rental equipment at the facility, as well as lessons!
- Finally, end your day with some barbecue! Head back into downtown Tahoe City for Moe’s Original Bar B Que. You’ll be able to enjoy a taste of the south while you’re here. They smoke their meat daily, with plates of chicken, turkey, pork, and ribs available. They even have smoked tofu for guests who don’t eat meat!
- The third day is all about Squaw Valley! Start your day at Mountain Nectar, located at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. They offer fresh-squeezed juices and smoothies, as well as bagels, wraps, and other delicious treats.
- After your breakfast, it’s time to take advantage of everything that Squaw Valley has to offer! Choose from snowshoeing, snow tubing, skiing, or dog sledding for your mid-morning activities. The possibilities are endless!
- For lunch, Fireside Pizza is sure to warm you up. Choose from their delicious pizzas, pastas, salads, or desserts. This is a fantastic spot for the whole family. They even offer gluten-free options!
- In the afternoon, check out the shops at The Village at Squaw Valley. There are some awesome clothing boutiques, bath stores, as well as winter sports equipment.
- Finally, finish your day at PlumpJack’s Cafe. Their seasonal menu, paired with a wonderful drink selection, means that you’ll be enjoying fresh and delicious food all year-round. This is a great date-night spot, so be sure to add this to your itinerary!
Book a Home With Tahoe Moon Properties
Whether you follow our 3-day itinerary to the letter or mix and match our suggestions into your own schedule, one thing is certain. A home from Tahoe Moon Properties is a vital aspect to any vacation. We have an incredible selection of rentals, with an outstanding array of dog-friendly accommodations as well as beautiful lakefront homes.
Take a look at our full inventory and book today! We look forward to having you.