Current Travel Information Center
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Lake Tahoe and we understand that you are trusting us to provide you with a safe place to enjoy our beautiful area. Tahoe Moon Properties is taking additional precautions and cleaning procedures to disinfect each Vacation Rental Home. Our guests’ comfort and safety are our top priority. Click on the panels below to see how we're keeping you safe before, during, and after your next vacation to North Lake Tahoe!
Our Cleaning Commitment
Click the Panels Below to See More Information!
All our properties have recently had a deep Spring Clean and they are cleaned and disinfected between guest and owner stays. Our cleaners will remove their shoes when they enter the property, wear masks and gloves when they clean and will open the windows and doors to increase air circulation when they arrive at a property
- All linen is removed from the property and put it in plastic bags. The linen is laundered offsite with commercial detergent at hot temperatures. All beds are made with freshly laundered linens.
- All bathroom surfaces are wiped clean, and floors are disinfected. Fresh towels are placed in the bathrooms. All bathroom surfaces are then sprayed with a disinfectant cleaner, the cleaner is then left on the surfaces to dry.
- Special attention is paid to all high touch surfaces, including light switches, controls for electronics and large appliances, all remote controls, stair railings and indoor trash containers.
- Kitchen counters, appliances, sink, and faucets are cleaned with disinfectant. Ice is removed from the freezer, and the ice container is disinfected, rinsed, and dried.
- Solid surface items in the living room, bedroom room, hallways, and family rooms, including TV and all remotes, are wiped down with disinfectant.
- Fresh kitchen towels and a sponge are put in the property.
- All floors are swept and mopped with disinfectant.
- Throw pillows and blankets have been removed from couches and beds.
On the day of your arrival, a check-in person will prepare your home and make sure everything is in working order, also leaving lights on and heat if appropriate. This person will also perform secondary wipe down of all high touch surfaces and use a disinfecting spray on hard surfaces using products recommended by the Center for Disease Control(CDC). They will also be using an ultraviolet sanitizing disinfection wand on soft surfaces which will destroy any existing viruses and bacteria prior to your arrival. Our check-in staff will wear gloves and a mask and remove their shoes on entering the property.
No staff will come to work if they are feeling unwell or having flu-like symptoms.
We know that you are trusting Tahoe Moon Properties to create a safe environment for your vacation, you are also trusting our restaurants and shops to put procedures in place to keep you safe, and we are trusting you to follow the directives in place to minimize transmission of the coronavirus. It is so important that we all work together to not break this chain of trust so we can all remain safe and Tahoe can remain open for our visitors to enjoy.
Below are a few suggestions to consider:
- Travel by car and avoid crowded high traffic rest stops and restaurants when you are on the road.
- Wash hands frequently when traveling.
- Take advantage of having a full kitchen in your vacation rental. Prepare meals for your family in the property instead of going out to crowded restaurants.
- Have a family beach picnic or dinner on your patio or balcony.
- Remember the 6-foot rule. You can still walk on the beach, hike our trails or take a bike ride but remember the social distancing rule of staying 6 feet away from others, not in your family.
- Consider ordering take-out meals and enjoying them at your Vacation Rental.
- Please wear a mask out in public unless exercising.
Amenities & Access
Due to the impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19), many HOAs have restricted access to amenities. Staying in one of our rentals with HOA amenities or simply wanting to learn more? Find the latest updates by neighborhoods via the links below!
We're in This Together!
The information regarding the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is continually being updated, there is a lot of information we do not know but we are getting new information daily. We are monitoring the information from the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) and will adjust our procedures according to their recommendations. We know that the main transmission is via respiratory droplets and based on this fact we are following the best practice measures recommended by the authorities to disinfect our homes and prevent the spread of COVID -19.