North Lake Tahoe Events
Please note that some of North Lake Tahoe’s annual events may be canceled or have limited capacity in 2020 due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19. The information below reflects typical event details. Please see the links on each event for the latest information, or visit the North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce’s website. We thank you for understanding the reason for these changes! If you are planning a visit to North Lake Tahoe, be sure to visit our COVID-19 Information Center for details on how we’re keeping our guests safe during this time.
What are the best North Lake Tahoe attractions? With so many exciting area activities, it can be hard to know what to add to your North Lake Tahoe bucket list. Don’t worry! If you’re looking for a fun celebration to add to your itinerary, check out these North Lake Tahoe events. These local events highlight everything from the turn of the season to culinary delights. There’s always something worth celebrating in North Lake Tahoe!
Do you want a full list of the best North Lake Tahoe events? Access our free North Lake Tahoe Guide! We’ve listed our picks for the top local festivals, as well as some of our favorite North Lake Tahoe activities. Plan your North Lake Tahoe adventure in no time with the help of our area guide!
North Lake Tahoe Events by Season
- Lake Tahoe Snowfest: This event started in the spring of 1982 and has been a favorite of locals ever since. The festival runs for ten days in March and features parades, contests, a polar bear swim, and so much more!
- WinterWonderGrass Tahoe Festival: WinterWonderGrass is a wonderful annual gathering of artists to Palisades Tahoe. This unique festival is part music festival and part snow holiday. This event is typically held in late March and has sold out every year, so be sure to purchase your tickets soon for the wonderful concerts, beer tastings, and family-friendly fun.
- Annual Snow Golf Tournament: This annual contest has been one of the longest-running events in North Lake Tahoe. Golfers play nine holes, starting from the top of Summit Express Chair and winding down the mountain. Registration is free for the only top-to-bottom snow golf course.
- Made in Tahoe Festival: Celebrate local talent at the Made in Tahoe Festival. This two-day event typically takes place in late May and features over 100 local vendors. You’ll be able to browse through food, drink, and artisan goods that are all made or inspired by our stunning region.
- Opening Day on the Lake: Memorial Day Weekend is when North Lake Tahoe holds its Opening Day on the Lake. This marks the start of the boating season and welcomes the warmer weather making its way to the area. Enjoy local sales and special events!
- Beerfest & Bluegrass Festival: Like peanut butter and jelly, there’s just something about beer and bluegrass that makes the perfect combination. This festival is typically held in early July and features an annual beer run, morning yoga, and plenty of great concerts.
- Art, Wine, & Music Festival: If you’re looking for something more refined, attend the Art, Wine, & Music Festival. Held in mid-July at The Village at Palisades Tahoe, visitors can browse beautiful works by local artists, attend wine tastings, and listen to the wonderful musicians from all around the world.
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival: Enjoy the best of The Bard when you attend the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival. This family-friendly event makes Shakespeare accessible for every age group. This event is typically held in July.
- Wanderlust Yoga Festival: Find your true north at Wanderlust Yoga Festival. For four days in July, world-famous yoga practitioners and instructors will come to North Lake Tahoe for an outstanding series of classes.
- Lake Tahoe Music Festival: The end of summer means the Lake Tahoe Music Festival. This annual concert series pieces together a 26-piece Academy Orchestra for five-days of outdoor performances. There’s no better venue in the world to enjoy classical music!
- Autumn Food & Wine Festival: Welcome the fall season with the Autumn Food & Wine Festival. This is one of the most prestigious events in the area. You’ll be able to enjoy chef demonstrations, special dinner events, and hands-on classes, as well as a culinary competition. You won’t want to miss out!
- Reebok Spartan Race World Championship: Unleash the beast at Reebok Spartan Race World Championship! This obstacle course challenges its participants to a grueling run through Tahoe. There’s even a race for kids, making this a great family-friendly event!
- Tahoe Fall Fest: Get dressed up for a good cause! Tahoe Fall Fest is a benefit for Tahoe’s Connection for Families. The dance is held in late October and includes a dinner, auction, and entertainment. The theme changes every year, so be sure to keep checking to find out what’s coming up next!
- Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch: Celebrate the best of autumn at the Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch! This is a fantastic event to attend with kids, with plenty of food, games, hayrides, and a petting zoo. This event occurs in late October.
- Tahoe City Oktoberfest: What could be better than enjoying local craft beers, live music, and delicious food in beautiful Tahoe City? Oktoberfest is always a popular event, with Bavarian-themed games, a vendor village, and (of course) plenty of beer.
Stay Near All the Fun with Tahoe Moon Properties
Want to attend some of these North Lake Tahoe events? It’s easy when you book a home with Tahoe Moon Properties! We offer a wide variety of rental homes across the North Lake Tahoe area. With homes in Carnelian Bay, Kings Beach, Olympic Valley, Palisades Tahoe, Alpine Meadows, Truckee, and Tahoe City, you’re sure to find a North Lake Tahoe rental home that’s near your favorite event!
Browse a full inventory of our rental homes to start planning your trip to North Lake Tahoe. We can’t wait to show you around!