If you’re looking for a good excuse to visit North Lake Tahoe, you’re in the right place! There are so many fun North Lake Tahoe events that are not to be missed. Whether we’re celebrating the changing of the season or the local food scene, you’ll find plenty of great festivals and events listed below. Plus, get a look at some of the great things to do in North Lake Tahoe in the upcoming week!
Do you want a full list of the best North Lake Tahoe events? Access our free Vacation Guide! We’ve listed our picks for the top local festivals, as well as some of our favorite restaurants, hiking trails, museums, and more. Plan your North Lake Tahoe adventure in no time when you use our free Vacation Guide!
North Lake Tahoe Events
- Lake Tahoe Snowfest: This event started in spring of 1982 and has been a favorite of locals ever since. The festival runs for ten days in March and features parades, contests, a polar bear swim, and so much more!
- WinterWonderGrass Tahoe Festival: WinterWonderGrass is a wonderful annual gathering of artists to Squaw Valley. This unique festival is part music festival and part snow holiday. This event is typically held in late March and has sold out every year, so be sure to purchase your tickets soon for the wonderful concerts, beer tastings, and family-friendly fun.
- Annual Snow Golf Tournament: This annual contest has been one of the longest-running events in North Lake Tahoe. Golfers play nine holes, starting from the top of Summit Express Chair and winding down the mountain. Registration is free for the only top-to-bottom snow golf course.
- Made in Tahoe Festival: Celebrate local talent at the Made in Tahoe Festival. This two-day event typically takes place in late May and features over 100 local vendors. You’ll be able to browse through food, drink, and artisan goods that are all made or inspired by our stunning region.
- Opening Day on the Lake: Memorial Day Weekend is when North Lake Tahoe holds its Opening Day on the Lake. This marks the start of the boating season and welcomes the warmer weather making its way to the area. Enjoy local sales and special events!
- Beerfest & Bluegrass Festival: Like peanut butter and jelly, there’s just something about beer and bluegrass that makes the perfect combination. This festival is typically held in early July and features an annual beer run, morning yoga, and plenty of great concerts.
- Art, Wine, & Music Festival: If you’re looking for something more refined, attend the Art, Wine, & Music Festival. Held in mid-July at The Village at Squaw Valley, visitors can browse beautiful works by local artists, attend wine tastings, and listen to the wonderful musicians from all around the world.
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival: Enjoy the best of The Bard when you attend the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival. This family-friendly event makes Shakespeare accessible for every age group. This event is typically held in July.
- Wanderlust Yoga Festival: Find your true north at Wanderlust Yoga Festival. For four days in July, world-famous yoga practitioners and instructors will come to North Lake Tahoe for an outstanding series of classes.
- Lake Tahoe Music Festival: The end of summer means the Lake Tahoe Music Festival. This annual concert series pieces together a 26-piece Academy Orchestra for five-days of outdoor performances. There’s no better venue in the world to enjoy classical music!
- Autumn Food & Wine Festival: Welcome the fall season with the Autumn Food & Wine Festival. This is one of the most prestigious events in the area. You’ll be able to enjoy chef demonstrations, special dinner events, and hands-on classes, as well as a culinary competition. You won’t want to miss out!
- Reebok Spartan Race World Championship: Unleash the beast at Reebok Spartan Race World Championship! This obstacle course challenges its participants to a grueling run through Tahoe. There’s even a race for kids, making this a great family-friendly event!
- Tahoe Fall Fest: Get dressed up for a good cause! Tahoe Fall Fest is a benefit for Tahoe’s Connection for Families. The dance is held in late October and includes a dinner, auction, and entertainment. The theme changes every year, so be sure to keep checking to find out what’s coming up next!
- Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch: Celebrate the best of autumn at the Fall Festival and Pumpkin Patch! This is a fantastic event to attend with kids, with plenty of food, games, hayrides, and a petting zoo. This event occurs in late October.
- Tahoe City Oktoberfest: What could be better than enjoying local craft beers, live music, and delicious food in beautiful Tahoe City? Oktoberfest is always a popular event, with Bavarian-themed games, a vendor village, and (of course) plenty of beer.
Stay with Tahoe Moon Properties
The first step to attending any of these great North Lake Tahoe events is booking a home with Tahoe Moon Properties! Don’t wait – check out our full selection of homes and reserve one today.
Are you looking for some great North Lake Tahoe events in the next 14 days? We’ve listed some upcoming festivals below!
- The Very Best Day to Learn How to Ski & Ride
- The Very Best Day to Learn How to Ski & Ride
- Full Moon Snowshoe Tour
- Winter Music Series at Alpine Bar~Alpine Meadows
- Family Snowshoe Tours
- Free Mountain Host Tours
- Platinum First Tracks
- Winter Park & Ride
- Free Live Music with Renegade Hombres
- Full Moon Snowshoe Tour ~ Sugar Pine Point State Park
- Live Music at the Cedar House Pub
- Snowshoe Chalet Dinner
- Winter Fireworks
- Twilight Snowshoe Tour