As the weather gets cooler and the leaves begin changing their colors, North Lake Tahoe transforms into the perfect destination for bicyclists. When you look at the many bike shops, well-maintained trails, and beautiful views found in the area, it’s no wonder why. Take a look at our recommended bike shops, as well as our favorite bike trails in Tahoe.
Shop at These North Lake Tahoe Bike Rentals
First thing’s first: if you’re traveling any sort of distance to Lake Tahoe, you’re probably not going to want to haul a bulky bicycle with you. Luckily, there are some excellent bike shops nearby that can rent to you and your family.
- Olympic Bike Shop: There’s something for everyone at this Tahoe City store! They have a wide selection of bicycles available, from kid-friendly to more advanced models. If you’re traveling with little ones, this is your best option. They offer trailers, kid seats, and tandem bikes, so you’ll be able to adventure no matter what! Their rates range from hourly to multi-day and are very reasonable. If you’re bringing your own equipment, they have a full tune shop that can help you with any repairs or maintenance.
- The Back Country: The staff at The Back Country is what makes them really stand out from the competition. Aside from offering bike rentals, this shop is an excellent resource on the best trails in the area and bike tours. If you’re looking for a particular type of bike, reach out to the store ahead of time, and they’ll try to help! Visit the Truckee store or head to their sister location in Olympic Valley.
The Best Bike Trails in Tahoe
- Truckee Bike Park: Discover why this recreation area was named one of the top three places to ride bikes by Best Things CA! Headed by a non-profit, Biking For A Better World, this park offers a safe and well-maintained place for everyone to enjoy a nice bike ride. The trails found here aren’t your average concrete paths, either. You’ll find dirt jumps, racing tracks, and drop zones, among many other exciting options.
- Northstar Mountain Bike Park: If mountain biking is your goal, head to the Northstar bike park! Visitors can ride the lift to the top of the mountain and then cruise your way back down. Northstar also offers bike rentals and lessons for those wanting to improve their skills. This is a summer-only attraction.
- Pope Baldwin Bike Path: If you’d prefer a scenic ride, the Pope Baldwin Bike Path is the best option. This paved path parallels Emerald Bay Road and features access points to quality attractions. We suggest that you visit during the fall and ride among the fallen leaves and get gorgeous autumn views.
Stay in a Home From Tahoe Moon Properties
After you’ve explored these bike trails in Tahoe, return to Tahoe Moon Properties for a relaxing stay. We have the most beautiful rental homes in North Lake Tahoe, including the most dog-friendly properties of any other vacation rental management company in the region. When you book a home with us, you’ll have access to a wealth of local knowledge, making it easy to plan the ultimate lakeside getaway.
Check our full selection of homes and book today. We look forward to having you.